A new report gave us a deeper insight into developing and launching Cyberpunk 2077, With comments from the studio challenging controversial writing after publication.
to me Bloomberg, Cyberpunk 2077’s development was more of a hassle than the studio allowed – even despite months of delays the game ultimately endured.
A massive new report on the site (protected by a firewall) delves into the fundamental details of the game’s turbulent development, revealing tensions between the development team and CD Projekt management. A developer told Bloomberg that working on the game was like “trying to drive a train while the tracks are laid in front of you at the same time” and that[staff] I expected the game to be ready in 2022. “
The Bloomberg report also notes that the Cyberpunk 2077 demo shown in 2018 was “completely fake.”
Bloomberg noted the demo: “CD Projekt has not yet finalized the core gameplay and codecs, which is why many features, such as car ambushes, are not out of the end product.” “The developers said they felt the demo was a waste of months that should have gone towards making the game.”
Head of CD Projekt Studio Adam Badowsky Responded to Bloomberg This view of events is challenged in a follow-up statement for books last night (Saturday, January 16). Badowski says that the demo was always called a “work in progress” and that the features that appear in the demo and not the final game are missing thanks to the “creation process.”
“Our latest game looks much better than it has ever been,” he says in the statement.
Adam Padowski January 16, 2021
Elsewhere, another damning finding from the report indicates that the game did indeed start in development in 2016, despite the title being announced in 2012. This is mostly due to an overhaul of the project when studio head Adam Padowski took over as the title director and about The entire game from third person to first person perspective.
This might give insight into why staff really didn’t think the game would ever be ready for its 2020 launch window – something Badowski did not address in a tweet statement he quoted in response to Jason Schrier and the Bloomberg report (along with claims of severe crisis in the final months before his release. ).
The report follows from Video message posted by Marcin Iwiński, co-founder of CD Projekt, Which provided a narrative explaining the events that led to the disastrous launch of Cyberpunk 2077 and Its minor version for PS4 and Xbox One. Iwiński blamed the game’s sheer scale, stating that “many custom items, interactive systems, and mechanics” played a role in making the game feel frustrated and broken on certain platforms.
According to a Bloomberg report, that’s not entirely true – the studio’s developers were fully aware of the issues before the launch, and CD Projekt’s management simply dismissed concerns about title performance on last-generation devices raised by employees.
The response to the game has so far led both Microsoft and Sony to do so Withdrawing the game from sale on storefronts Until problems are solved. CD Projekt Red published Instructions On the game’s official website, with an update provided DLC is freeAnd promised PS5 and Xbox Series X / S patches.
The studio assured the audience that developers would never have to deal with the mandatory crisis again to offer these updates.
“The team is working on providing appropriate repairs to the game without any mandatory additional time. The studio said that avoiding crisis in all our future projects is one of our top priorities” (Although it is worth noting that a crisis in the games industry is rarely ‘needed’, it is Mostly “expected”).
CD Projekt could face a fine After the Polish Consumer Protection investigation in Cyberpunk 2077. It remains to be seen if the studio will be able to repair the damage to its reputation during the release of the latest RPG.